Sunday, December 14, 2008

Jason Ross

My brother is my familiar, my defender, my protector, my champion. He is always there, present and ready to be called on in a time of extreme need. His soul is pure, like the lily of the fleur de lis. His loyalty is sure. I am a mirror reflection of him, his twin of the womb of our mother. His strength is complemented by my strength, in mind and soul. His thoughts run a track alongside mine, his shadow self is also where I struggle, and I recognize him from afar. I discover him in my dreams when I am lost or afraid or under siege and he gives me strength.

We are strangers to this world and carry a healed mark of betrayal. We have survived much together, fighting back to back, complimenting strengths and compensating for weaknesses. We discuss at length and disagree, but to the world we show one face.

No comments: