Well, I experienced a "first" today. I received information that a poem I wrote in the wee hours of the morning has been published online. (The link is to your right, titled "Awakening"). This is a conversation with God in response to the love poured out on me, undeservedly, and a resulting question rose up in my soul of "what could I possibly have" to give back to Him. After pondering several things, I found that the only thing I could give Him was consent - consent to come into my life and transform it. I look forward to all the ways that I can continue to consent to Him...in his gracious and redeeming ways.
I have been published before in print and prose, in the form of book reviews, but this is so much more intimate and therefore that much more satisfying. This poem was a cry from my lips, searching for a way to respond with gratitude and love to my Creator. Thanks for reading...
2017: year in review
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment